The Library of Congress link below is an amazing resources for MANY types of text. Particularly useful is anything titled "Teacher Guides;" if you are looking for the PDFs Sabrina shared, look for "Teacher Guides: Analyzing...."
KDE CONTENT NETWORK REPS : RESOURCES/STRATEGIES
LINKS SHARED AT WORKSHOP SHARED AT WORKSHOP:
1. Today's Meet for backchannel conversations/chat
2. Clock Buddies
3. Compass Rose Buddies or Coordinate Plane Buddies
4. Three Heads are Better than One
5. Partner A, Partner B---reading and summarizing a passage
6. Slice the Pie to generate ideas, questions, etc. for pre-writing & pre-thinking
7. Assign each person a number, then roll the dice
8. Differentiation Cubes (dice with sleeves to insert prompts, graphics, etc.)
Below is a PDF sampler of the classroom text Carol Milby shared at our 2014 summer workshop. Great stuff!